A DAY IN THE LIFE
In your new role, there are four common components that will make up your workday:
Marketing & Networking
- Build relationships with industry partners (e.g., interior designers, contractors, real estate agents) to generate referrals
- Implement the HomeRun Local Area Marketing Program Toolkit to generate leads
- Meet with customers at their home or office to take measurements
- Utilize our proprietary 3D software to custom-fit our product to meet the customer’s specific needs and tastes
- Provide samples and other marketing materials to help the client decide on their best options
- Update and track your leads and projects in Touchpoint (CRM)
- Order marketing and business materials through HFC preferred vendors
- Track ordering, shipping and installation schedules
- Follow up on completed jobs to be sure customers are completely satisfied
The Benefits of Strong Partnerships And Buying Power
Tailored Living implements an outsourced manufacturing model to reduce operational costs to the franchisee. We are able to find and form partnerships with the highest-quality, most influential vendors and brands. This uniquely positions Tailored Living above many other franchise businesses in terms of profit margins. Additional benefits of outsourcing production:
- Collective buying power
- Alliance of vendor partners keeps Tailored Living ahead of style and trends
- No need for large inventories — order on a project-by-project basis
- Industry expertise from vendor partners lets us have a competitive advantage
PRODUCTS FOCUSED ON CUSTOMER NEEDS
Our clients say that our custom installations “changed their lives,” transforming chaos into calm and lowering stress with our innovative custom organization and storage solutions.
In an industry that is largely commoditized, Tailored Living offers solutions that are specifically suited to a client’s individual needs. Thanks to our proprietary design tools and unique product channels we can offer clients a wide range
Our Tailored Living product line is made from recycled and sustainable materials that meet the growing demand for eco-friendly products. Our raw materials have been certified as Environmentally Preferable Products by Scientific Certification
Systems, a neutral third-party environmental testing and certification organization.
MULTIPLE REVENUE STREAMS
The Value of Commercial Accounts
One major advantage of being part of a large network of franchisees is our ability to create national contracts with commercial businesses including restaurants, hospitality, healthcare, schools, office and government buildings, condos, retail,
property management and new construction. Our vendors are happy to assist with large projects as well as multiple-locations projects, including reading blueprints, measuring, suggesting customization options, all to ensure a successful outcome.
Local businesses are a vital resource stream as well, helping small business owners maximize their facilities to improve their bottom line.
HomeRun — Turnkey Local Area Marketing Toolkit
Tailored Living has a comprehensive suite of local area marketing tools for your use. We leverage the scale of Home Franchise Concepts combined purchasing power to provide the best platforms, pricing and services levels for you.
Digital is the foundation to drive awareness for the brand. 97% of customers turn to the internet to research a home service provider in a local area and eventually purchase a product or service. It’s important your local business is found online. The HomeRun toolkit
includes Google Premier Partners that will set you up for digital success.
Drive your local business with HomeRun!
homerun — organic
Our HomeRun marketing print portal houses an arsenal of tools for every local marketing need. Our custom print portal is designed to be a one-stop marketing shop for customized marketing pieces.
Key Components of Organic Marketing:
Networking establishes community relations and gets you involved with activities and events to meet connectors who can help build your business.
(e.g. Chamber of Commerce)
The two most important goals of each canvassing effort should be to collect instant qualified leads and gather data on interested homeowners for future contact. (e.g. door hangers)
The goal of Public Relations is to get free press by creating news-worthy stories about you and your business.
Word of mouth is the most trusted marketing tactic. Gift Certificates and Thank You cards keep you top-of-mind with your customers.
Yard signs strategically placed in approved areas of your community, and on the lawns of sold clients are one of the most inexpensive and effective methods of building product and brand awareness.
Home shows offer four important and completely independent benefits: Hot Prospects, Casual Interest Suspects, Networking with Home Improvement Professionals, and Guest Speaker Opportunities.
Your truck is not only your mobile workshop; it’s an eye-catching rolling billboard. It promotes your business 24/7.
**Click to see images above**
homerun — digital
Key Components of Organic Marketing:
Our PPC partner will collaborate with you to create territory specific pay per click campaigns that will drive leads to your business and position you in one of the top 4 positions in paid search.
It is important to have an active social media presence as that is a direct reflection of your brand.
Review & Listing Mgmt
Customer provides review with a single link and automatically posts to social sites. With our Google Premier Partner you will have a consistent business listing on over 70+ online directories.
**Click to see images above**
homerun — local website
Why do you need this?
Your local Tailored Living website will be your online storefront for prospective customers. You will be able to introduce yourself and the company and invite customers and prospects to schedule in-home consultations.
**Click to see images above**
Training & Support
Becoming an Expert
The vast majority of our franchisees have no prior experience in home organization sales, design or installation. All you need is a good work ethic, a great attitude and the desire to succeed. We will take care of the rest.
Thorough Classroom Instruction
The road to becoming a home organization specialist begins with our extensive classroom training currently taking place via Zoom, with hands-on installation training at our Training & Experience Center centrally located in Dallas, Texas. From the start-up of your Tailored Living franchise through the entire life of your business, Franchise Support and Training teams partner with you to help you achieve your goals.
The Franchise Support’s mission is to help Franchise Owners be more successful in their businesses. With more than 60 years of combined experience, our team knows the business model and how to help you grow your franchise.
Franchise Support and Training are the two prongs of Franchise Operations:
- The Support Specialists are the day-to-day tactical side – the “help desk” is available to keep Franchise Owners moving forward, no matter what the time zone.
- Our Regional Support Managers offer in-house, performance-improving training with specific coaching modules, ongoing education, and improved accountability with one-on-one strategic coaching.
- We offer 3-weeks of extensive training several times throughout the year to accommodate new franchise owners coming on-board. Our expert training staff provides highly personalized and informative training from immersive product knowledge and sales, to comprehensive local area marketing programs and installation support. See upcoming dates below:
- May 3-21, 2021
- July 12-30, 2021
- Sept 13-30, 2021
- Nov 1-19, 2021
Tailored Living has some of the most comprehensive marketing, training and ongoing support programs in the franchise industry, including:
- Regional Support Managers on your time zone
- Regional workshops and marketing seminars
- Monthly Continuing Education webinars
- Monthly Drawing Board design webinars
- Weekly marketing and support newsletter, “Happy Friday”
- Annual International Convention
- Professional in-house technology solutions experts
- National Key Accounts to assist with Commercial Business
Business Extended Support & Training Program
- Starts immediately after 3-week training course
- Proactive coaching program provides smooth transition to the field
- Helps you follow the Tailored Living business model from day one
- Proactive “Point of Sale” support with dedicated design specialists who help you through an apprenticeship program, reviewing every design and offering presentation prep and coaching to improve sales success
- Help you setting income and business goals for the first year
- Training on how to handle a lead and close a sale
- Design support using the D’Vinci software
- Help with increasing your product knowledge
- Provides ongoing live training webinars
- Assistance with managing and tracking your financials
- Regional Marketing Manager for assistance with your local area marketing
THE ULTIMATE SALES TOOL: D’VINCI
Our D’Vinci design software allows franchisees to complete project designs in minutes, right in front of the customer.
Whether you are designing a custom closet or a home office, D’Vinci will help you create stunning visuals to wow the client, and an accurate parts list to facilitate ordering for every project. The combination of vivid graphics and virtual walk-through capabilities creates a powerful presentation tool that will help increase sales.
- Detailed 3D design software that is easy to use
- All-in-one functionality: design, estimate and order
- Allows the customer to visualize their room before purchase
- Comprehensive ordering system improves accuracy
“D’Vinci for Beginners” is a portfolio of eight recordings that serves as an ideal self-paced training tool for new designers. We also provide an apprenticeship program that provides one-on-one design and sales coaching through the first phase of a new business.
Click here to watch an in-depth recording now.
Comprehensive operational platform
Touchpoint is the central sales and marketing tool for your business. It encompasses all the processes you will need to track and organize your points-of-contact with your current and prospective customers.
Price and Margin Management
Master Purchase Order
Master PO to Vendor PO
PO Line Status
Standardize and automate key customer journey touchpoints to support an engaged customer experience.
Touchpoint is a web-based tool, meaning it is accessible from any Internet-connected device. It is also built using Responsive Web Design, meaning it will scale to fit any size screen – from a phone to tablet to desktop computer.